QuickBooks Setup ... Take Time For Some Up-Front Work
You've Got To Lay The Right Foundation!
QuickBooks is designed for the business layperson to understand and use with ease. The software's look, feel, and functionality have your everyday business processes and transactions in mind. Your intuitive, efficient, and practical use of the system is the targeted goal. However, without the proper initial installation and setup, your future transactional input and informational output from the system can lose its accuracy, reliability and analytical power. It really is true ... "garbage in, garbage out!" Well organized and meaningful financial records go a very long way toward helping your business operations run more effectively and efficiently on a day-to-day basis, and organized record-keeping is one of the foundational keys to the success and growth of your business.
What accounting method will you use? What chart of accounts do you need for your business? How do you handle beginning balances? Will you be able to quickly and efficiently generate invoicing for your customers, accurately incorporating your service or sale items, and employee time applied? How will you handle your bill payments and cashflow management? All good questions. With any accounting software program, installation and proper setup require some upfront time investment. Yes, it can be time taken away from your other business activities ... but time that's well worth it to avoid the financial record headaches and exponential time necessary to correct errors and fix frustrating workflow problems in the future. Use of an experienced QuickBooks Advanced Certified ProAdvisor resource can help in providing answers to important structural questions, provide assistance in completing an effective initial install and setup, and help minimize your time away from other important business activities.
If you're getting started with QuickBooks for the very first time, or need a "re-set," here's how we can help you get started on the right foot:
- Discuss and evaluate your current business processes, accounting and reporting needs.
- Recommend the right QuickBooks version, appropriate software integrations and necessary hardware requirements to meet your needs.
- Assist in purchasing, installing and registering your QuickBooks software so you get all your available Intuit service benefits (we can provide a ProAdvisor discount of up to 30% on your purchase).
- If necessary or desired, import existing business data into your new QuickBooks company file.
- Design and setup a Chart of Accounts and customize your company file preference settings to accomplish your transactional workflows (Payables, Receivables, Payroll, Banking, etc.).
- Preparation of an efficient and time-saving service, sales and/or inventory items structure.
- Sync your bank accounts and business credit cards with QuickBooks.
- Customize your invoicing and receipting with your company branding (in other words ... pass along some good-looking invoices for your customers!)
- Train you and your staff in effective and efficient use of your QuickBooks software to meet your workflow, accounting and management reporting needs.
Click on the image below to schedule an initial consultation with us and be on your way to a better QuickBooks setup!